Build Your Website in 30 Days Using WordPress
The first online course that helps you build a functional and informative website for your translation business in 30 manageable units
Websites for translators have to be
- optimized for search engines
With WordPress as the world's leading content management system, website owners have an abundance of possibilities at their fingertips. While this is awesome for some, it might feel daunting to others. In this course I will walk you through
- setting up your WordPress installation (and tell you why you should not be using the 1-click installation your hosting provider offers)
- selecting the right plugins (and only those necessary - too many pose security issues)
- opting for the best and most versatile theme (because not all that glitters is gold)
- creating a child theme (so you don't lose your customizations when updating your theme)
- setting up a backup scheme and implementing important security measures (because who wants to be hacked?)
- understanding SEO beyond keywords
- integrating Google Analytics (so you can understand how your website performs)
- setting up multilingual content (so you can show off your skills)
- making your content sharable (let your tribe do the work)
- selecting the right graphic materials (so you don't get sued)
- deciding on what to have on your website and what not (TMI)
- discovering cool online tools to help you with your website (you'll thank me later)
- and a lot more!
What you need to complete this course
- Domain and hosting, which will be discussed in the introduction
- Some extra time on days 9 and 10 to prepare your copy and images
- 5 to 10 minutes per day to implement the course modules (although some are a bit longer)
What you don't need to do this course
- An account with WordPress.com - you'll download your WP-Package from WordPress.org
- Know how to code or write in html - totally unnecessary, believe me!
- Prepare a bunch of stuff ahead - I'll walk you through every step
After these 30 modules, which are designed to be completed over the course of 30 days, you will have a basic website with a contact form. But more important: You will have a deep understanding for how your website works, what you should avoid, and a great place to start from to gradually add more content as you refine your message.
Your website can and should grow over time. After completing this course, you will have a rocksolid foundation to make it happen.
Also, feel free to join my Facebook group WordPress for Translators where you can ask any questions related to this course and how to prepare for it.
Freebies included with this course
There are several freebies that come with this course. Of course, they are totally optional for you to use, but just so you know:
- Premium WordPress theme worth 89 USD per year, includes updates for life, forever free for you! (Support by yours truly.)
- Premium WordPress Plugin to make your site multilingual, including your own access to the developers' instructions and support, worth 79 USD in the first year, 39 USD for annual renewals, forever free for you!
- Premium WordPress Security Plugin worth 80 USD per year with lifetime updates, forever free lifetime updates! (Support by yours truly.)
Please note that these premium themes are developed by others. So as long as they are around, you'll have free access to them, thanks to my developer licenses. It is not my responsibility to find a replacement should these products at some point no longer be maintained by their developers.
That's a value of 248 USD for free the first year, and after that 208 USD EVERY YEAR!
Start03 WordPress: The CMS
Start04 Theme: Select it wisely
Start05 Child Theme
Start06 Plugins you'll need (6:29)
Start07 Tracking website stats
Start08 Prepare your copy (2:53)
Start09 Download and/or prepare images
Start10 The legal ins and outs when it comes to your website (expert interview) (32:58)
- Your website and Pinterest
- Your website and Instagram
- Your website and Twitter
- Your website and MailChimp
- Your blog and where to source content
Hello, my name is Tanya and I'm the Lead Translator and Talent Manager at The Translators. I will share with you some of the most valuable lessons and learnings I've worked hard for over the past 15+ years to help you own your translation business, build your brand, and find your dream clients. Are you ready to ignite change?
If you ever need to get in touch with me, send me an email or get a hold of me on Skype (tanya.quintieri).